Making Dental Visits Work for You
Do you prepare for your dental visits? Why not? If you want to make the most from your dental visit, follow these suggestions:
- Verify your appointment. If you don’t hear from your dental provider within 48 hours of your appointment; call and confirm.
- Get sleep. Go to bed early the night before and get a full night’s rest to help reduce anxiety.
- Avoid caffeine and sugary drinks and foods. These drinks and foods can increase energy as well as nerves.
- Arrive promptly. Get to the office a few minutes early so you’re not rushing and nervous.
- Take a few minutes before your dental appointment to review any dental issues, concerns, or questions you would like to ask your dentist. Jot them down on a sticky note or in your smartphone so you won’t forget.
- Discuss medical changes. Be upfront with your dentist or hygienist and let them know of any new medical issues you’ve encountered since your last visit. Medical and dental health are intrinsically linked.
- Be honest. If you haven’t brushed your teeth regularly, let your dentist know. And, if you’re nervous about a dental procedure, tell your dental hygienist or dentist when you arrive so that the staff members can work together and help reduce your fears. Giving true answers will help your dentist assess any dental issues and the best way to treat them.
- Schedule your next visit. Follow the dentist’s recommendations for the next follow-up visit. He or she may schedule the next visit in 3, 6, or 9 months, depending on your oral health needs.
Dr. Claudio Miro and associates have been treating patients in the greater Miami area for over 30 years. As a team, we believe that the patient is of upmost importance at every level. We take pride in the care we provide to our patients at Miro Dental Centers. We take the time to make sure our patients are fully informed and are given all treatment options. Our goal is to the provide our patients with optimal oral health by using state of the art technology.
With the dental field rapidly advancing, we are always looking for new and innovative treatments to serve our patients. We provide all types of services, including dental cleanings, orthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery and cosmetic dentistry.
If you have questions about your dental health or would like to schedule an appointment at our offices in Coral Gables, Kendall, Hialeah, or Hollywood, please contact us today at 305-442-7444.