Smile more confidently than ever before with dental veneers! Veneers are ultra-thing custom made shells that bond directly to the front surface of your teeth, creating a natural and attractive smile. Veneers are the perfect solution for chipped, worn down, stained, uneven, misaligned, or abnormally spaced teeth. Keep reading to learn more about how you can get the ultimate smile makeover with veneers!
What Are the Benefits of Veneers? – Dr. Claudio Miro
Veneers have several advantages to patients with teeth they want to improve, including:
- They are a more conservative approach to modifying a tooth’s appearance. With veneers you can alter the shade and shape of your teeth without replacing the entire exterior of the tooth, like a crown does.
- They mimic the look of natural teeth, so you can get a brighter smile with veneers without the appearance of having fake teeth. Porcelain veneers are also stain resistant, so you won’t have to worry about discoloration.
What is the Veneers Process? – Dr. Claudio Miro
If you’re thinking about getting veneers, you may be curious as to what kind of process you need to undergo to get them!
- First you will schedule a consultation with one of the dentists at Miro Dental Centers, and the goals of the appointment will be to find out what hopes you have for your smile and examine the state of your current teeth.
- Then during the next appointment, the teeth prepared for the veneer. Some of the enamel needs to be removed where the veneer will be placed. An impression is made and then the veneers are prepared for placement.
- During the last appointment is when the veneers will actually be placed in a process called bonding. The veneer will be trimmed and shaded to match the look of your teeth and then permanently cemented to the surface of your teeth.
What Are Veneers Made Of?
More often than not veneers are made from porcelain. This material is widely used in the dentistry field because of its strength, durability and similarities to natural teeth. This material can be modified in shape and color, so that porcelain veneers will look like your natural smile.
Not only can you, but you should! In order to prolong the life of your veneers it is important to maintain an oral health routine. Flossing removes bacteria from hard to reach places that tooth brush bristles don’t always reach. This prevents any buildup of bacteria, which prevents tooth decay and potential loss of your veneers.
Again, the answer is yes! Just because the veneers are stain resistant, you still need to brush them to preserve the natural tooth and keep up with a good oral health routine. In order for the veneers to last, you need to make sure the tooth itself remains healthy as well!
It is no problem at all to use mouthwash on veneers! Rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash is actually a recommended part of a good oral health routine. As we mentioned, it is important to maintain the health of your natural teeth to make sure your veneers last a long time!
Can Veneers Make My Smile Whiter?
Veneers can brighten up your smile! Because we use porcelain, we can modify the shade of the of the veneers to cover any discolorations in your natural teeth and give you that bright smile you’ve dreamed of!
Can Veneers Fix the Shape of my Teeth?
We can modify the shell that is bonded on top of your tooth to give you the shape you want! If you have any spaces you want to fix or misshapen teeth, veneers could be the option for you.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Depending on your oral health routine, veneers can last up to 10 years!